Tuesday, January 24, 2006

risibility's 2005 in a flash.

I guess a quiz is a good way to kick start my appearance on the blog. Gathered I better start clocking points before I get a earful everytime I see anyone of you guys who blog frequently…

1. What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before:
Go proactive to heal strained relationships.

2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions,and will you make more for next year?
My memory is as bad as my leg. Don't think I made any resolutions last year. I know myself only too well, I am simply not disciplined enough to deserve the right to make resolutions.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nah.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
I don't think so.

6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
More self esteem. More confidence. Better relationships with my loved ones. Time to take care of those I love.

7. What dates from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
17 July 05 - I have probably never cried so hard in public in years and felt so much loss.
22 July 05 - Efforts recognised on stage amidst cheering voices which are so familiar.
29 July 05 - A sense of defeat. A far reaching sense of disappointment.
3 September 05 - Sitting in the large circle as I had for years, the emotions raging within me. Outside with someone I really cared for, the start of a healing process, knowing that all these time I wasn't cast aside like I thought I was.
5 December 05 - My third trip out of Singapore. Once again without my family.
23 December 05 - All the present exchange, the meaningful smses… Just thanks for remembering me.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Not succumbing to my weakness. Being able to be there for people who needed me.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Not being strong enough for everyone. Not brave enough. Not maintaining relationships the way I thought I will always be able to.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Getting sick is like nothing, I get sick all the time. Unless you count the unknown growths on my foot, other than that I pretty much don't remember anything.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
My Digital Sony Cybershot has to take precedence! And that trip to Taiwan.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My siste.
She whom I look upon like my sister who was so brave to tell me what she really felt that night.
That group of people who sat with me at macdonald's, listening to me tell them why I let them down and yet they forgave me for my selfish actions.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Mine. And a couple of other people… but I am learning to let it go. It is a slow and painful process but I think we will get by.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Last year? Taiwan Trip and my digital camera for the most spent items…
Transport and food for being the essentials that we all can't do without.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about last year?
Taiwan trip definitely. Drama camp. July performance. Meeting in huisuo to talk about how to recover our thought-long-gone friendship.

16. What song will always remind you of 2005?
Probably The Freshman by The Verve Pipe. Love Will Come Through by Travis? Really just songs from the movies I caught on vcds last year.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) I am probably happier now… Can't remember what it was like then actually.

b) My weight should be around the same. Maybe abit heavier.

c) Definitely poorer, depleted my savings with the Taiwan Trip and the digital camera

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Had more time with my sister and with xiaogua. Work harder at school. Work harder to earn money. Be more filial. Be happier. Be more positive. Being more encouraging.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Being less depressing and discouraging. Being less selfish.

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Its still too far to say anything… but I gather I will probably be spending time with my family. Its tradition. But that was broken last year when I spent xmas eve with friends and xmas day… I think out shopping.

21. Did you fall in love in 2005?
No.

22. How many one-night stands?
None. I don't believe in one night stands. Superficial sort of relationship I should think.

23. What was your favorite TV program?
Hahah… Not too difficult to answer that one… TongXinYuan2. MeiRenYu and DaYang just cracks me up. I'm currently hooked on Lost. It was shown last year, but I'm catching the repeats…

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Its too early into the year hahah… and I am trying my best not to hate people. Letting go might be a better way out for me.

25. What was the best book you read?
Hmmz. Best? I'm too greedy and fickle minded for that… Monstrous Regiment was definitely good. And BH reminded me of The Alchemist. That was marvellous too.

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Learning to play the guitar abit better. And realising I am really not too great at it still.

27. What did you want and get?
Getting to participate in xiangying05, going to drama camp05, going for the Taiwan trip, healing relationships and getting to know the people I am close to better.

28. What did you want and not get?
MP3 player and new laptop and my new monitor? Hmmz. There are loads of wants… but thankfully when it comes Wants, I can get pretty rational.

29. What was your favorite film of 2005?
Hmmz. If vcds are considered… I would have to say Garden State, The Interpreter, I Am Sam probably take the first three spots and films shown on TV… Crazy First Love and Lover's Concerto.

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I think I went to school then went out shopping alone for other birthday presents for some people. Yep. I think I spent my 20th birthday being alone.

31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
More time spent with my loved ones, being a more well organised and efficient Stage Manager. Better person to approach and being more brave… Ok. I know its supposed to be one thing… but.. oh wells… I always bend the rules.

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?
I think Sloppy and Casual pretty much covered it all.

33. What kept you sane?
Reading, watching films, listening to music. Some of my friends…

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Natalie Portman is definite Must Have. Son Ye Jin's performances touched me in 2005 too. Johnny Depp? For I supposedly used to look like him in my black rimmed glasses, thus I should add him for old times' sake… and I think Orlando Bloom and Liv Tyler still make the greatest looking elves yet.

35. What political issue stirred you the most?
I usually closed my heart to the world…

36. Who did you miss?
Ironically, they are the ones I care for most and are the ones I deem closest to me.

37. Who was the best new person you met?
Don't think I met anyone new? Probably my juniors I guess. They are the only new people I see these days.

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson:
One? That isn't enough? We don't get all the time to learn things the hard way. My life is way too short for that… Thus, lets help each other along the way. Learning from and with each other is definitely more effective and less painful and more fun…
Bend The Rules But Never Break Them.
Gain other's respect by respecting them first.
Never let yourself be put down by people who probably don't even give a damn about you.
No matter what, things will always right themselves and there is always a way out.

3 Comments:

At January 25, 2006 at 9:41 AM, Blogger eu said...

welcome drey. and cheers to 1st post! and... im just glad u are back, the rest doesnt matter. thanks for shopping with me tt day!

 
At January 26, 2006 at 11:09 AM, Blogger Terence said...

come my house swim now !!!

 
At January 26, 2006 at 6:22 PM, Blogger ris_ibility said...

eu>> hmmz. =) thanks again. and my pleasure. lets go roam about again soon! after cny will be good, don't you think?

bh>> ermz. LETS DO SOMETHING ELSE OTHER THAN SWIMMING! i dun mind ermz... canoeing... or kayaking!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home